The best ingredients are raw and fresh fruits and vegetables. An abundance of zucchini, green beans, snap peas, potatoes, and carrots have been showing up in our house from our garden and from my mother-in-law's garden. It pushes your cooking creativity when trying to make different, yet healthy, food and snacks from the goodies from your garden.
I've attempted to recreate one of my favorite baked goods (Zucchini Bread) with the products featured on this website, including a few from Bob's Red Mill.
Zucchini Bread Ingredients:
- 2 large zucchinis, coarsely shredded (farmer's market or your own garden)
- 1 cup Coconut Palm Sugar
- 1 cup coconut oil oil
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill Whole Grain Brown Rice Flour
- 2 cups Bob's Red Mill Sweet White Sorghum Flour
- 1 teaspoon Bob's Red Mill Aluminum Free Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Swanson Ultra Himalayan Crystal Salt
- 1 tablespoon Swanson Organic Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped nuts, your choice (we suggest: Swanson Organic Walnuts)
How to make it:
- Grease the bottom and sides of one 9×5 bread pan with coconut oil.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a mixer beat eggs, slowly adding sugar, oil and zucchini.
- Turn off mixer and stir in remaining ingredients.
- Pour batter 3/4 full into the bread pan.
- Bake 1 hour or until toothpick is clean.
- Cool 5-10 minutes, then remove from pan.