- Start your day off by taking your multivitamin and mineral in the morning, unless you’re taking both fiber and a multi with iron. This way you’ll give your body all the nutrients it needs to function throughout the day.
- If you’re supplementing both fiber and iron, take fiber first and on an empty stomach. Fiber can prevent iron from being absorbed.
- Fat soluble vitamins A, D and E need nutrients from food to break down properly and be fully absorbed.
- Take calcium supplements before bed because calcium is utilized at night and can help you fall asleep.
- Split up vitamin C supplements throughout the day because it’s a water soluble vitamin. Just don’t take it before bedtime because it can keep you awake.
- Take digestive enzymes with meals for best effects.
Our Favorite Immune Essentials: The Swanson Staff’s Hand-Picked Nutrients
Read more >